& be entered into the Sweepstakes. Select a charity you'd like Verizon to give
back to on behalf of Small Biz Rewards Members. Share the gift of giving with family
and friends on social media. CHOOSE YOUR SNOWFLAKE
VERIZON SMALL BIZ REWARDS GIVE AND GIVE BACK HOLIDAY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Verizon Small Biz Rewards Give and Give Back Holiday Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is only open to Verizon small business customers who subscribe to Verizon phone and/or Internet service as of November 11, 2014 and who are enrolled in the Verizon Small Biz Rewards Program by December 31, 2014. Any determinations of eligibility will be made by Verizon Services Corp. (“Sponsor”) whose decisions are final. Entrants may be subject to rules imposed by their employers relative to their participation in trade promotions and should check with their company for any relevant policies. Employees of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and internet agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law or internal business or company policy.
Please note: the entrant will be considered the individual or business entity listed on the Verizon Account record. Any Small Biz Rewards Points received in the Instant Win Game portion of the Promotion will be deposited into the winning entrant’s Verizon Small Biz Rewards account, and all prizes won in the Random Draw Sweepstakes portion of the Promotion will be awarded to the individual or business entity listed on the Verizon Account record.
2. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 12, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 31, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”), and has two parts: an Instant Win Game (the “Game”) and a Random Draw Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). The Game will award Verizon Small Biz Rewards Points (“Points”) in varying amounts, as described in Section 4. The Sweepstakes will award cash prizes in the form of Verizon Small Biz Rewards Prepaid MasterCard® Cards, as set forth in Section 5. Each eligible Verizon Small Biz Rewards Program member may play the Game one (1) time and upon successfully completing that Game play, will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
After entrants have played the Game and been entered in the Sweepstakes, they will have the opportunity to select one of three charities chosen by the Sponsor that they would like Verizon to make a donation to on behalf of Small Biz Rewards members. Verizon will donate a total of $15,000 to the three charities in proportion to the total number of times each charity is selected by a Small Biz Rewards member. Each Small Biz Rewards member may only select one charity. Entrants may also opt in to have notice of their entry into the Verizon Small Biz Rewards Give and Give Back Holiday Sweepstakes shared on social media. Neither the charity selected by the entrant nor the entrant’s opting to have his/her entry shared on social media will have any bearing on his/her entry into the Sweepstakes.
3. TO PLAY THE GAME AND BE ENTERED INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES: Visit the Small Biz Rewards website, http://smallbizrewards.verizon.com/ (“Program Site”) during the Sweepstakes Period and sign in to your Small Biz Rewards account. If your company is not already enrolled in the Verizon Small Biz Rewards Program, go to the Program Site and complete the online registration form.
Once you are signed in to your Small Biz Rewards account, access the Sweepstakes page and click through to the Game page. Choose a snowflake and click on it to play the Game and reveal the number of Small Biz Rewards Points you will receive (subject to verification of eligibility, winning Game play, and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules). The various Point amounts described in Section 4 will be seeded at random, computer-generated winning times during the Promotion Period. If you are the first person to play the Game at or after one of the randomly generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the number of Points indicated. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for the Game. After you play the Game, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
There is a limit of one (1) Game play/Sweepstakes entry per Small Biz Rewards Program member. Additional game plays received from the same member after the first game play received from that member will be void. The use of automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate any aspect of participation) to play is prohibited. If Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that an entrant has used an automated or similar device to play or is in violation of these Official Rules, all Game plays from that member will be void.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE GAME SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING PLAY HAS BEEN VERIFIED BY THE SPONSOR. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON OR WHICH IS AFFECTED IN ANY WAY BY ANY SYSTEM ERROR OR MALFUNCTION IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
4. GAME AWARDS AND ODDS OF WINNING: The Game will award the following prizes:
Eligible entrants who participate in the Game but do not receive one of the Point Awards listed above will receive Two Hundred Fifty (250) Verizon Small Biz Rewards Points. ARV $2.50.
All Small Biz Rewards program terms apply. Points expire twelve (12) months from the month they are posted to the member's account with the Points expiring on the last calendar day of that month. Odds of winning a Game prize valued at $5 or more depend on the number of eligible prizes available divided by the number of Game plays.
5. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING, PRIZES, AND ODDS OF WINNING: On or about January 5, 2015, Promotion Mechanics, Inc., an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award the following prizes:
Prepaid MasterCard cards are subject to the terms and conditions accompanying the card. If a winner has previously redeemed VZ Small Biz Rewards points for a Prepaid MasterCard, he/she will receive the prize value as a reload/replenishment on said card.
Prepaid MasterCards cards are issued in connection with a loyalty, award or promotion program. Prepaid card is issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. No cash access or recurring payments. Card valid for up to 36 months, funds do not expire and may be available after card expiration date, monthly card account management and post-expiration card re-issuance fees may apply. Card terms and conditions apply, see MyPrepaidCenter.com/site/mastercard-univ.
No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
Odds of winning a prize in the Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winning entrant will be considered the individual or business entity listed on the Verizon Account record. Sweepstakes winners will be notified by email, mail and/or phone at Sponsor’s sole discretion in accordance with the contact information on the Winner’s Verizon account at the time of notification within ten (10) business days following the random drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in Entrant’s email address, physical address and/or telephone number, or contact information. Winners will have seven (7) days from the date of the email or phone notification to respond and provide all information requested by Sponsor. Inability to contact a winner, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to respond within the time period specified in notification message may result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected at random from among all remaining eligible entrants. Winners will be required to complete and sign an affidavit of eligibility, IRS Form W-9, liability release and publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in notification letter or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes that are not specified are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more will be issued an IRS 1099 Form for the value of the prize.
7. GENERAL RULES: By participating, entrants agree [i] to these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Promotion; [ii] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Promotion or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, and [iii] to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Entrants further agree that the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for the following: [i] electronic transmissions, entries or submissions that are late, incomplete, inaudible, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; [ii] any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures and/or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries or related materials; or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries or related material; [iii] failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants' or any person's computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; [iv] causes beyond Sponsor's reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion; [v] any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules (all such entries will be disqualified); or [vi] any printing errors in these Official Rules or in any advertisements or correspondence in connection with this Promotion. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any abbreviated rules or advertising distributed in connection with the Promotion, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should virus, bugs, fraud, hacking or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion. In such cases, notice to this effect will be posted on the Program Site and winners will be determined from all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on an e-mail address, the entry in question may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on an e-mail address, the entry in question may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Promotion shall be construed only according to U.S laws. This Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the state of Delaware without regard to its conflict of laws provision. All national, state and local laws and regulations apply.
9. WINNER LIST: To receive a list of Sweepstakes winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 31, 2015, to: Verizon Small Biz Rewards Give and Give Back Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
10. SPONSOR: Verizon Services Corp. 1320 N. Courthouse Rd. Arlington, VA 22201.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Promotion.